After arriving in Florence around 6:30pm, we all met up with our tour guide, Linda. We retrieved our checked luggage, hopped on a bus and headed off to our first hotel. When we arrived, we were all given about thirty minutes to find our rooms and freshen up before taking off for our first group dinner. Linda took us to this Renaissance palace called Palazzo Borghese. We entered this gorgeous dining room with golden walls, a ceiling painting and a massive chandelier. After being seated, several hot Italian men dressed up in tuxedos came out and served us our three courses. We started out with a stuffed shell filled with ricotta cheese and spinach topped with a red sauce and more cheese. Our second course was this beef stew mixed with potatoes, carrots, and peas. The last course was one of my favorite desserts, tiramisu. When we returned to the hotel, some of us stayed back in the hotel while others wandered around Florence. I hung out with those who stayed and we watched the Cosby show in Italian… O man it was hilarious. I tried to get some shuteye, but the combination of being jet lagged and being in a different time zone did not help.
- The YouTube Video Highlighting Our Tuscan Wine Tour
- January 11/12, 2013: Ending the trip with a bang… Literally!! Mallory O’Steen
- January 10, 2013: Manga, Manga, Manga!! Mallory O’Steen
- January 9, 2013: Saving the best for last!! Mallory O’Steen
- January 8, 2013: Two words: Steel Tanks!! Mallory O’Steen